Saturday, August 13, 2011

Winter, oh how I miss thee

Here in Colorado, August is the hottest month of the year. This is when we get all of our over 100 degree days. It's so hot that the kids don't want to play outside. I don't want to clean, we just sit around and sweat :( ugh! So I have been looking ahead toward winter. Here are a few of the things that I am looking forward to:

Sweaters!
I love sweaters! I would wear them year round if it wasn't so hot!

Blankets!
I love cuddling up in a blanket to stay warm and cozy. I try to do it in the summer, but then I just end up all sweaty :(

I miss how pretty it is when it snows, and how much fun the kids have in it (although, I don't miss driving in it...)

Baking!
I miss baking. It's been far too hot in my house to risk heating it up by baking. Even just regular cooking makes it hot. So while I love baking and cooking, I haven't loved it lately. And I miss it.

Hot tea!
I miss drinking hot tea. It's just one of those things that you really can't drink during the summer as your body temperature is already too high. The kids have been missing hot chocolate too. They have asked for it twice already this month! Craziness, I tell you!

Snuggling!
I miss snuggling with Mr. Amazing and the kids. During the summer if we try to snuggle we end up sticking together, and that just takes the fun out of it!

It's hard to believe that I'm saying this, but I actually miss wearing my boots... I am a year round flip-flop girl, but I do wear boots in the winter on occasion, and I really do miss them. I looked at them in my closet the other day and thought about wearing them to church, but it was far too hot to cover up my feet, so I stuck with with sandals.

What about you? Is there anything that you miss about winter?

No comments:

Post a Comment