Thursday, October 21, 2010

Scriptures for when you're stressed

This is my favorite Scripture list. It is my Scriptures for when I am stressed. It was the first list I ever compiled, I did it when my twins were still babies. I took these Scriptures and wrote them in a notebook that I carried with me, I wrote them on note cards and taped them around my house and in my van. I just surrounded myself with them! They were so helpful, because having 2 babies and 2 older children was extremely stressful! I am so thankful that God gave us the Scriptures!

Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal. -- 2 Corinthians 4:16-18

Be joyful always; pray continually; give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus. -- 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18

When times are good, be happy; but when times are bad, consider: God has made the one as well as the other. -- Ecclesiastes 7:14

Create in me a pure heart, O God, and renew a steadfast spirit within me. -- Psalm 51:10

Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice! Let your gentleness be evident to all. The Lord is near. Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. -- Philippians 4:4-7

Set your minds on things above, not on earthly things. -- Colossians 3:2

He replied, "You are talking like a foolish woman. Shall we accept good from God, and not trouble?" -- Job 2:10

But in their distress they turned to the LORD, the God of Israel, and sought him, and he was found by them. -- 2 Chronicles 15:4

Know then in your heart that as a man disciplines his son, so the LORD your God disciplines you. -- Deuteronomy 8:5

Am I now trying to win the approval of men, or of God? Or am I trying to please men? If I were still trying to please men, I would not be a servant of Christ. -- Galatians 1:10

The LORD is good to those whose hope is in him, to the one who seeks him; -- Lamentations 3:25

Surely God is my salvation; I will trust and not be afraid. The LORD, the LORD, is my strength and my song; he has become my salvation." -- Isaiah 12:2

So we say with confidence, "The Lord is my helper; I will not be afraid. What can man do to me?" -- Hebrews 13:6

When I am afraid, I will trust in you. -- Psalm 56:3

Have mercy on me, O God, have mercy on me, for in you my soul takes refuge. I will take refuge in the shadow of your wings until the disaster has passed. -- Psalm 57:1

Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me. -- Psalm 23:4

Yet the LORD longs to be gracious to you; he rises to show you compassion. For the LORD is a God of justice. Blessed are all who wait for him! -- Isaiah 30:18

Jesus looked at them and said, "With man this is impossible, but with God all things are possible." -- Matthew 19:26

God is our refuge and strength, an ever-present help in trouble. -- Psalm 46:1

My soul finds rest in God alone; my salvation comes from him. He alone is my rock and my salvation; he is my fortress, I will never be shaken. -- Psalm 62:1-2

Therefore, my dear brothers, stand firm. Let nothing move you. Always give yourselves fully to the work of the Lord, because you know that your labor in the Lord is not in vain. -- 1 Corinthians 15:58

Humble yourselves, therefore, under God's mighty hand, that he may lift you up in due time. -- 1 Peter 5:6

When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; and when you pass through the rivers, they will not sweep over you. When you walk through the fire, you will not be burned; the flames will not set you ablaze. -- Isaiah 43:2

The LORD will keep you from all harm— he will watch over your life; the LORD will watch over your coming and going both now and forevermore. -- Psalm 121:7-8

There is a time for everything, and a season for every activity under heaven -- Ecclesiastes 3:1

But the wisdom that comes from heaven is first of all pure; then peace-loving, considerate, submissive, full of mercy and good fruit, impartial and sincere. -- James 3:17

Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up. -- Galatians 6:9

The end of a matter is better than its beginning, and patience is better than pride. Do not be quickly provoked in your spirit, for anger resides in the lap of fools. -- Ecclesiastes 7:8-9

“…We do not know what to do, but our eyes are upon you." -- 2 Chronicles 20:12

Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged, for the LORD your God will be with you wherever you go." -- Joshua 1:9

Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart. -- Jeremiah 29:12-13

Humble yourselves before the Lord, and he will lift you up. -- James 4:10

I can do everything through him who gives me strength. -- Philippians 4:13

You came near when I called you, and you said, "Do not fear." --

So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand. -- Isaiah 41:10

Then you will call, and the LORD will answer; you will cry for help, and he will say: Here am I. -- Isaiah 58:9

Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; -- Proverbs 3:5

For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. -- Jeremiah 29:11

"I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world." -- John 16:33

Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you. -- 1 Peter 5:7

"'If you can'?" said Jesus. "Everything is possible for him who believes." -- Mark 9:23

but those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint. -- Isaiah 40:31

He replied, "You of little faith, why are you so afraid?" Then he got up and rebuked the winds and the waves, and it was completely calm. -- Matthew 8:26

This is what the LORD says: "Restrain your voice from weeping and your eyes from tears, for your work will be rewarded," declares the LORD. -- Jeremiah 31:16

Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance. -- James 1:2-3

And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose -- Romans 8:28

O LORD, be gracious to us; we long for you. Be our strength every morning, our salvation in time of distress -- Isaiah 33:2

Again, all Scriptures are NIV

No comments:

Post a Comment