Sunday, October 3, 2010

Writer's Workshop Warning

On Thursday I posted about a neat blog for writers that I had found, and in my excitement I failed to thoroughly check out the blog before jumping on board. There were one or two things that bothered me about the blog, but I though overall after reading the one post, it looked okay. Well, I have since changed my mind. After reading a second post it is painfully clear that it is not as 'clean' as I first thought. After much thought and deliberation, I have decided not to quit participating. But I wanted to let you all know that I am not sure what the other bloggers will write about or what kind of language they might use in their posts. I did consider leaving it all together, but Jesus calls us to be in the world and not of it. As a stay-at-home/homeschooling mom I don't get many opportunities to speak or influence non-Christians with my words or actions. I thought this might provide that opportunity for me. As I said, I just wanted to put out a warning that this is not a Christian writers workshop, and the language is not always going to be clean, nor can I say what the other bloggers will be writing about... But I will be praying that God can use me in some way through my participation in the writers workshop.

Mama's Losin' It

No comments:

Post a Comment