Sunday, January 16, 2011

Church memories



This morning we were preparing to go to church when the cold symptoms surfaced. Both Alexa and I have runny noses and sneezes. :( Since Mr. Amazing is working this morning there is no going and leaving part of the family at home. So I decided to worship with my old church family online! Osceola Assembly of God is the church where I came to know and love my Savior. This is the church where I was baptized. I was raised in church, but I never really got it until I started attending their church. They were there to support me through the birth of both of my boys, my divorce, and my youngest son's battle with cancer. I am ever so thankful for them, and they hold a very special place in my heart.

They were my church family until I moved from Iowa to Colorado over 5 years ago. I have been back to visit a few times, but the last visit was over a year and a half ago. Since then they have done some changing! They changed their website and their name! Their new name is Life Point Assembly of God (you can check out their new website at Lifepointministries.net). It's still all the same wonderful people though. Back in the day, I was a youth sponsor with their youth group, Front Line Youth (F.L.Y. as it was called back then... now it's FocalPoint), I have so many great memories from my time with them. Pastor Chuck is the pastor there, and he and his family are such a wonderful blessing to everyone they come in contact with.

The list of things that I miss about Iowa is short: My family, Fire Fly's, and Osceola Assembly of God (now LifePoint). I don't think about my church back in Iowa often, but I most certainly miss them. I hope you all have a blessed Sunday and enjoy your time with the Lord today.

No comments:

Post a Comment