Friday, January 28, 2011

Confessions of a Christian Mom

I am not perfect.

I'm just not.

Not only am I not perfect, I am far from it.

It's so easy to put on a show for those outside your home. To only want others to see the best of you. But do you know what? I am most encouraged when others let me see their faults. It goes a long way to just know that I'm not the only one who struggles. To know that I'm not the only Christian Mom in the world that doesn't have it all together. So I want to encourage you today to share your faults with others. Let them know how un-perfect you are. You never know who will be encouraged to know they're not alone. Here, I'll go first:

My house isn't clean. In fact, it's rather messy.

I get stressed out rather easily.

Most days, my girls run around the house half naked, because they don't like to wear clothes.

I yell at my children. I don't like to, but they really get to me sometimes.

I often sleep in instead of getting up to have quiet time with the Lord before the kids wake up.

My children argue... with each other, and with me sometimes.

I don't think being a mom is easy.

I do love being a mom, and I love my kids more than words can say. But, I'm not perfect. If you just read this list and are judging me because I'm not perfect, please don't. Instead, would you mind sharing some of your imperfections with me? Leave a comment, or write a post of your own and link up:

1 comment:

  1. Yep. I love to be open as you can tell on my blog. I share my low point and good points. I can list several things not perfect with me. A million of them. :)

    Thanks for sharing this.

    ReplyDelete