Sunday, June 12, 2011

Jealousy

1 Corinthians 13:4c- … and is not jealous …

Love is not Jealous… Am I truly loving God if I am jealous of others? Can I truly be loving others if I am jealous of them?

I don’t know about you, but I so often look at other peoples walk with God and become jealous of their relationship with Jesus. Does that ever happen to you? I see people with wonderful prayer lives, or extreme Bible knowledge, and I tend to compare myself to them… I don’t do it now as much as I use to, but I still find myself doing so on occasion. Another area that I struggle with jealousy in is with other women. Moms who have these amazing kids, or started teaching them really great things at a young age, moms who can take their kids anywhere and have them not only behave, but obey everything that mommy says without complaining or with a good attitude… Women who get to go on dates with their husbands… How I would love to have the time and money to have a night out with my husband. I honestly can’t even remember the last time we were able to go out by ourselves! God has really helped me in this area by showing me that I need to be happy for others instead of jealous of them.

God has been teaching me that jealousy is a lack of contentment, and in turn a failure to see what God is providing for me, which then leads to complaining… God has given me so much, when I truly love Him, I can see that He provides for all of my needs, both spiritual and physical in His time.

No comments:

Post a Comment