Friday, June 10, 2011

Living for Christ

I have been meditating on Scriptures today, that urge us to live our lives for Christ. Scriptures like 2 Corinthians 10:5 that commands us to take every thought captive and make it obedient to Christ. I just really want to think through everything I do each day, and decide if I am doing it for Christ, or not for Christ. There is no gray area there. When I drive my car, do I do it for Christ, or just to get where I'm going (thus, not for Christ). Do I wash the dishes because it's part of the job of a SAHM, because I have to (thus, not for Christ but out of need), or do I wash the dishes for Christ? There are endless examples I could use, and you probably could come up with many more on your own. I have pondered on this from time to time, but it's really heavy on my heart today.

I have so many overwhelming thoughts in my head. Do I react to others for Christ, or out of selfishness? Do I love others out of my own self-centered heart, or do I love them for and through Christ? Do I LIVE for Christ, or is He just a book that I read, necklace I wear, and song that I sing? What does it truly mean to lay down my life, and live for Him, and Him alone? And how far away from that reality am I? I know it is possible, because if it were not so, He wouldn't have told us. We wouldn't be encouraged, commanded even, to do so, if it were not something Christ wanted and desired from us.

So in the midst of all of my deep thoughts, I thought of my sisters here. My dear sisters in Christ, I ask you, what does it mean to lay down our lives and live for Him, and Him alone? Any thoughts?

2 comments:

  1. I have meditated on these exact thoughts lately as my heart has been bitter in some areas. While I cannot answer your question about what it means to lay down our lives and live for Him.. I sure hope to know one day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for letting me know I'm not alone!

    ReplyDelete